Annual Licence Renewal
Under the Medical Act, 2011, a Licence to Practise Medicine and a Professional Medical Corporation Licence expire January 15 each year, unless renewed prior to expiration. If you do not intend to renew your licence, please notify the College at email@example.com.
October 4: start of annual renewal period for Licence to Practise
October 12: start of annual renewal period for Professional Medical Corporations
December 2: penalties applied for late licence renewal or late payment of fees
January 16: suspension for non-renewal of licence or non-payment of fees
|Date||October 1 – December 1||December 2 – January 15||January 16|
|Total Fee Applicable||$1,850||$2,350||$2,650|
- Login credentials for the College’s physician portal (there are separate credentials for PMCs and Physician accounts)
- Certificate of Professional Conduct (CPC)
- If you have practised outside the province in the last year, you must obtain a Certificate of Professional Conduct for each of the jurisdictions in which you practised.
- Professional Liability coverage number (in most cases this will be your CMPA Membership Number)
- National Certifying College Number (CFPC or Royal College)
- Confirmation that you have completed the course “Providing Culturally Safe Health Care for Indigenous Patients in Newfoundland and Labrador” (MDCME.ca).
- Valid Credit Card
Connect with College staff during business hours toll-free at 1-844-701-8330 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.