- Canadian Medical Association
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Canadian Task Force on Preventative Health Care
- Medical Council of Canada
- Choosing Wisely – Canada
- The Foundation for Medical Practice Education – Continuing medical education for family medicine physicians
- University of Toronto – CPD programs and conferences including topics such as medical record keeping and safer opioid prescribing.
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador – Prescription Monitoring Program-NL
- BC Health Guidelines Site – Links to useful resources such as diabetic flow sheets and standardized assessment forms.
- Academic Life in Emergency Medicine
- Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians
- EMCrit – Podcasts around a variety of Emergency Medicine topics
Diagnosis Based Resources
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society
- Hypertension Canada
- Diabetes Canada – Clinical Practice Guidelines
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Commentary on Diabetes Canada 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Mental Health
- McMaster University – Michael G. DeGroote National Pain Centre – Guideline and supports around opioid prescribing
- CFPC – Chronic Non-cancer Pain Management and Opioid Resources – Includes CPD programs and relevant resources for practitioners
Demographic Based Resources
- Society of Obstetrics and Gynecologists of Canada
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Canadian Pediatric Society
- TREKK- Translating Emergency Knowledge for Kids
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Institute for the Advancement of Breastfeeding and Lactation Education
Palliative Care Resources
Physician Health and Wellness
- CMPA: Coping with a Complaint: Suggestions for Reducing Anxiety
- CMPA-Good Practices Guide: Managing Stress
- CMPA – Physician Wellness
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement- Joy in Work
- Canadian Medical Association – Physician Health and Wellness
- CAMH – Canada’s largest mental health teaching hospital offering courses and continuing education.
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Best Advice Guide: Team-Based Care in the Patient’s Medical Home – Examines the benefits of team-based care for both practice and patient’s health outcomes.
- Saegis: Clinical Communications Program – An accredited 6 month program designed to enhance doctor-patient communication.
- Saegis: Effective Team Interactions – Online – Learn skills that will ensure clearer communication between healthcare colleagues, reduce risk and lead to improved patient safety.
- CMPA – Patient-centered Communication
- CMPA – Strengthening Inter-professional Communication
- NLCHI – PHIA Course
- Physiciansapply.ca – Introduction to the Communication and Cultural Competence Program – A self-education program for physicians to learn about communication and cultural competencies required in Canada.
- CMPA – Electronic Records Handbook
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador: Medical Records
- CMPA – Workshop: Test Results Follow-Up
- CMPA – Closing or Leaving practice: Tips for Primary Care Physicians
- CMA Joule – Courses available in practice management, physician leadership, health and wellness.
- Saegis – Practice Management
- CMPA – Browse articles with a focus on physicians
- CMPA – Member Support Program – Legal support
- Machealth – CPD courses, patient resources and community forums offered through McMaster University.
- MDcme.ca – A Memorial University initiative out of the Faculty of Medicine offering accredited continuing medical information in therapeutic areas.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – List of accredited CPD group learning activities.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – List of accredited self-assessment programs.
- Simulation Canada – Courses available to healthcare and human service professionals who wish to advance their practice in the simulation field.
- uOttawa – Online courses and webinars through the Faculty of Medicine Office of Continuing Professional Development.
- Queen’s University – CPD opportunities and courses offered through the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Schulich Medicine and Dentistry – Continuing professional development and self-directed learning options.
- CPD eCoach: A Practice Improvement Tool – A tool developed to guide physicians through a self-directed assessment and identify areas to learn more about or improve upon.